Wednesday 4 August 2010

I love rainy days...



It's amazing how we can know it's raining just by the smell of those drops, without seeing it or hearing it. Rainy days make me think of popcorn and a lovely hot cup of coffee. Today,however, was not going to be one of those days. I managed to dash out to run some errands and as I was about to start making my tracks home, the heavens opened and the beautiful rain came pelting down. It was my excuse to sit in Starbucks and wait for it to subside. How could I resist a piece of my favourite carrot cake and my chai tea!! I sat there and watched people running through the rain to get to their cars, and people with drenched hair walking into Starbucks. As much as I do love to walk in the rain and feel the small drops on my face, somehow carrying two big grocery bags would not have made it fun enough for me. Not to mention the lovely after effect on my hair! I was almost beginning to wonder why I had even left the house, when I could have been home having some lovely hot popcorn and my cup of coffee.
The dark clouds were looming in the sky as a sign for another downpour. I love how when you do make your way home it clears up, and just as you get indoors it starts all over again getting ready for a new day with a fresh awakening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

RECOMMENDED BOOKS

  • Elizabeth Gilbert: eat pray love
  • Paulo Coelho: The Alchemist
  • Danielle Steel: The Kiss
  • Barack Obama : Dreams from my Father